Want to know why more and more car manufacturers and their marketing teams are re-engaging their audiences with social listening, social hubs and influencer marketing? Look no further than these eye-opening statistics on User Generated Content.
1) 66% of car buyers believe the best stories are those about regular people. (Headstream)
2) 54% of millennials say they use UGC to inform their purchase decisions about cars. (DMNews)
3) 38% of all consumers will consult social media before making their next car purchase. (Econsultancy)
4) 69% of people who used YouTube while buying a car were influenced by it – more than TV, newspapers or magazines. (Google)
5) 13% do their initial research through social media (people’s reviews/comments) then go to the dealer. (Accenture)
6) Digital channels are now the primary information-gathering source during the consideration phase for 60% of car buyers. (McKinsey)
7) 23% of car buyers use social channels to talk about their experience when making a purchase. (Econsultancy)
8) Auto review videos on YouTube were watched for more than 3M hours in the first 9 months of 2015, of which more than 1.2M were on mobile, more than 2X as many as the previous year. (Google)
9) After car purchase, 33% want to see ‘additional accessories purchased by others who bought a similar car and which could be valuable to me’, and 28% want to see ‘other owners’ experiences/comments on my make/model of car’. (Accenture)
10) 61% of vehicle shoppers view online video and a quarter will watch an hour or more. (AM Online)
11) 57% of car buyers visit consumer review sites as part of their research process. (E3)
12) Of new-vehicle buyers who use the internet to research vehicles, 61% said they had used some form of social channel, including blogs and discussion forums, social networking sites and user-generated information sites. (Emarketer)
Understanding the prominent role of UGC in automotive marketing, StoryStream have created their Content Marketing PlatformTM ,powered by AuraTM, an AI brain built for brands, to combine content analytics, digital asset management, and multichannel publishing to transform how marketers work efficiently and significantly
If you’re interested in finding out how you can harness the power of UGC, get in touch today.